Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Little Falls


These are the Little Falls of the Passaic River.  Not as spectacular as The Great Falls further
north but you can see how it got it's name.


I apologize for the blurred photo.  I was shooting through a chain link fence when I took this
photo.  If you look closely you will see what I saw when I looked  down at the river.


There were about twenty carp , all feeding on debris that had fallen from the over hanging
trees.


Here you can see an area loaded with carp swimming, tailing and clooping on the surface.


There are pools of calm looking water and smaller falls and more pools of water.


Further away from the area with carp swimming and feeding, I found a couple of fly fishers
catching smallmouth bass and panfish in another pool.  As you can see they were wet wading
The river water is still relatively warm even after 6:00 pm in the evening.



The Passaic River water level is low.






No comments:

Post a Comment