Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Passaic River, at Little Falls, New Jersey


  I fished the area in the town of Little Falls, New Jersey.  It is a place where the river has a
waterfall but one not as spectacular as the Great Falls in Paterson, New Jersey.
I plan to continue to fish rivers until the fall.  The Passaic, because of it's length, will require
 more inspections.


Just like Mountainview, the train service in this town is part time.  In fact there is no train service at all
on the weekends.  However there is a bus stop near the river and I had no problem finding points
to access the river after my arrival..  The north side of the river is blocked by private homes for the most part.  I found access on the south shore.


At the first spot I fished the river looked calm.  There was no wind this afternoon.  For a few weeks now I have experimented with fishing soft baits on my six weight rod.  I fished a small red rubber worm attached
to a bait hook.  The movement in the water is incredible!  The problem is,I think, the worm is too long.
I can not get the bass to attack the hook instead of the tail.  I had several big bass follow and bite the worm's
tail.  I switched to a BH white woolie bugger and caught a bass.



Tree fungus

No comments:

Post a Comment