Monday, June 17, 2013

Fly Fishing Overpeck Creek - Part 2


I returned to Overpck Creek to inspect the west shore of the park.  The lower west shore
has about a 3 miles long loop and has a series of well spaced fishing piers and decks.


The bridge in the picture allows one to cross the creek.  I'm told Wallaye, bass, panfish and carp
are some of the fish here.


There is not much shore access here but if you are willing to bush wack there are places
where one can get into the water to fish.


It is a beautiful place to walk as there is a recreation path and benches for sitting and
clean rest rooms.


Here is a view of the east side of Overpeck Creek, just above the equestrian center.


Wild flowers are present


As I walked I saw this bed of wildflowers on the west side.


It was hard to decide which flowers looked more spectacular.


I had hope to see a bee pollinating the flowers





Can you see the bumble bee?





No comments:

Post a Comment